Mission Educator-Promoter: Maryknoll is seeking a Mission Educator-Promoter to work primarily with the Young Adult Outreach Team and Discipulos Misioneros (Hispanic Ministry Outreach) Team and other teams, including outreach to Teacher, Catechist, and Deacon communities, depending on applicant experience and interest. This position will be based in Chicago.
Administrative Assistant/Programs Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant/Programs Coordinator is a half-time position and is responsible for the general administration of the Center for the Study of Consecrated Life (CSCL) and works under the supervision of the Director of the CSCL. Responsibilities include administrative support in the planning and implementation of events, management of website and social media, office organization and other related tasks.
- General Administration
- Attends regular meetings with Director on schedules and details of the Center
- Works on projects and research related to the work of the CSCL
- Attends CSCL-related meetings and takes notes
- Communicates with appropriate groups inside and outside of CTU
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department, design and create brochures and promotional materials for programs and events.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department, ensure updated information and materials are available on the CTU and associated CSCL website.
- Manage grant budgets and provide supports for grant reports
- Collaborate with the director to review and manage the CSCL budget
- Events and Programs
- Collaborates with the Director in the design, content and schedule of events
- Prepares and manages all details and logistics of events: invitation, registration, payments, communication with participants and speakers, post event evaluation
- In collaboration with Communications and Marketing, make arrangements for media, audio and video recording
- In collaboration with Events/Student Services office, arrange housing, catering and conference space.
- Supervise event volunteers
- Purchase necessary supplies
- Technology Support
- Designs and sends any announcements (ie. e-blasts, flyers, newsletter, etc.)
- Manages contact lists in E-Tapestry, Constant Contact, and Excel
- In collaboration with Director regularly edit and update the CSCL website
- Coordinates the Center’s presence on social media, including Facebook and Twitter Knowledge,
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Highly organized
- Capacity to work collaboratively
- Understanding of areas of consecrated life, including religious life (or willingness to learn)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Research skills – internet and library
- Financial management of a budget
- Immersion in and support for the mission and vision of the CSCL
- Creativity and strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven administrative skills, including project management and financial management of a budget
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaboration and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and across departments
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with office productivity and desktop publishing software
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong experience in office management and interest in consecrated life issues
- Master’s Degree in Theology/Religious Studies preferred
Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
The Conventual Franciscans seek candidates for a part-time (25 hrs./wk.; M-F, 12 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) Administrative Assistant in their Provincial Office on the North Side of Chicago.
- Prepare and format correspondences for the Provincial’s signature.
- Act as a “manager of first impressions” with taking and responding to phone calls from all necessary parties.
- Prepare province directories and other materials.
- Handle administrative requests and queries from friars of the province.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in an Administrative support role.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail, especially in reviewing and producing communications to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in spelling, grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
If interested, submit resume to Fr. Michael Zielke OFM Conv. at [email protected]
Full-time DRE position
Applicants must be bilingual.
Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish
620 5th Avenue
Aurora, IL 60505
Please contact Father Timothy Malcahey if interested.
Hospital Chaplaincy: The Archdiocese of Chicago is seeking religious priests interested in hospital ministry. Please contact Fr. William Grogan, Vicar for Hospital and Health Affairs, at 312.534.8339 or [email protected].
Director of Pastoral Care: Mercy Circle seeks candidates for this full-time (32 hrs./wk.), benefit-eligible leadership role. The Director is responsible for providing spiritual and emotional support and counseling services to residents, families and staff of the newly constructed continuing care and retirement community sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and located on Chicago’s south side. If interested, submit resume and salary history to Susan Tirpak, Human Resources Manager, at [email protected] Job description and requirements available here.
Executive Director: The Catholic Volunteer Network is searching for candidates to serve as Executive Director to provide national leadership, direction and outcomes of Catholic Volunteer Network. For more information, contact Richard Sbarbaro, Trinity Executive Partnership: 708.531.0100 or [email protected].
HandsON+HeartsIN – Volunteer Outreach Program for Women: The Chicago Archdiocesan Vocation Association (CAVA) is extending an invitation to non-members (women’s communities) to participate in this volunteer outreach program. Participation involves traveling to Mississippi with CAVA vocation ministers and women discerners. We need your help in spreading the word. Please invite women discerners to consider joining us. This is a collaborative program that provides women discerners a mission trip experience. Please contact Sr. Sharon Glumb at [email protected] or call 847.577.5972 for more information. For promotional materials, click here.
Taller de José: Taller de José is looking for religious women and men to serve as compañeras/os. Compañeras/os listen to clients to assess the services they need and accompany them in the process of finding resources. Volunteers must be proficient in Spanish and physically able to accompany clients via public transportation. This is a wonderful ministry experience for “retired” religious or people in formation who would like to work with immigrants. For more information contact Sr. Kathy Brazda, CSJ at [email protected]. or 773.523.8321. Click here for more information.
NETWORK’s Associate Program: Ready to Advocate? Applications for NETWORK’s Associate Program are open! Any justice seeker who is considering an opportunity to launch a career in social justice advocacy can learn more about the program and access the application at www.networklobby.org/associates. Applications for the 2019 – 2020 program will be accepted through January 31, 2019. The Associates Program is an 11-month experience focused on legislative advocacy rooted in the principles of Catholic Social Justice. From August, 2019 to July, 2020, Associates participate in an intensive professional development experience in Washington, D.C. The program cultivates political advocates skilled in multimedia communications, grassroots organizing, policy research, and federal lobbying.
Chicago-area non-profit with ties to several faith communities helping homeless or needy with a voucher program; looking for volunteers to help with publicity, especially social media; for information visit Chicago-shares.org or contact Ron Polaniecki at [email protected]
, or 312.573.4494.
Main office at 5116 North Cicero Avenue is looking for volunteers to answer phones and other tasks; call Terry Jones at 773.794.4771 or email [email protected]
Little Sisters of the Poor: Seeking volunteers for a variety of needs, seven days a week, at St. Mary’s Home, 2325 North Lakewood Avenue, one block west of DePaul University; for information, contact the volunteer coordinator at 773.935.9600, ext. 221 or email [email protected].
Providence Soup Kitchen:
Hours available Monday-Friday, 9:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. underneath St. Stanislaus Kostka Church, Noble Street and Evergreen Avenue, contact Sr. Darlene through the website at www.providence-soupkitchen.com